DCBIA will run your job description ad at no charge. This is a service we are happy to provide to our member companies. Send your job announcements to email@example.com.
(Click on the job title to view the announcement)
Commercial Real Estate Paralegal
DLA Piper LLP (US)
DLA Piper, a leader in the practice of law worldwide, seeks a highly organized, detail-oriented commercial real estate paralegal with the excellent communication and interpersonal skills required to interact with staff, attorneys, clients and outside vendors.
The ideal candidate will handle the large volumes of work associated with each matter or transaction, and will work well under deadlines.
Under the supervision of attorneys, prepares drafts of legal and other documents and correspondence for attorney review. Compiles, analyzes and summarizes information. Coordinates efforts between attorneys, clients, outside legal counsel, opposing legal counsel, other parties and outside vendors.
- Responsible for overall document management in complex commercial real estate transactions, including preparing and updating closing checklists, closing documents and escrow instructions.
- Order and review ownership searches, judgment searches, judgment and tax lien searches, and UCC searches.
- Order and review title commitments, surveys and other underlying title documents, policies and endorsements, and prepare summaries. Negotiate with title companies and other parties regarding title matters.
- Order entity documents such as Certificates of Good Standing, Articles of Formation.
- Prepare and review/analyze mortgages and related financing documents.
- Review and prepare lease analyses. • Review zoning matters and related due diligence matters.
- Coordinate and attend closings.
- College degree or Paralegal certificate, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five (5) years of experience as a commercial/transactional real estate paralegal in a law firm environment, performing the noted job duties.
- Experience with legal software as well as working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, and experience organizing, managing and navigating online data-rooms.
- Must have the ability to read and understand legal descriptions, title reports, leases, loan documents, purchase agreements and other contracts.
- Familiarity with title company forms, escrow instructions, preliminary title searches, easement descriptions, liens and recorded judgments, and title insurance. Knowledge of local zoning regulations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required to interact with attorneys, staff and clients on a daily basis.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail required to handle large volumes of work associated with each matter.
- Must work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
DLA Piper is one of the largest business law firms in the world and one of the most recognized law firm brands globally. In just eight years since our firm’s founding, we have established ourselves as an innovative and entrepreneurial firm that is deeply committed to our global core values of people, clients and community. In fact, it is the individual members of the DLA Piper team—the combination of talented lawyers and business professionals working together—that define our success and drive our growth.
DLA Piper provides its employees with highly competitive salaries and benefits, including eligibility for year-end bonuses, profit sharing eligibility, a generous paid-time-off policy and a 401k plan. Employees are recognized and rewarded for their achievements through annual performance evaluations and salary reviews. The firm encourages ongoing personal development and supports a healthy work/life balance.
Qualified applicants are invited to apply by visiting the Careers section of our website, completing the online application and submitting a cover letter to include salary history.
DLA Piper Careers
DLA Piper is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or Protected Veteran status. Agency applications will not be considered.
Estimating/Preconstruction – Commercial General Contractor
SIGAL Construction Corporation
SIGAL Construction Corporation, one of the Washington area’s leading general contractors, has an immediate opening in estimating/preconstruction.
Qualified Candidates must have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction management or similar field
- 3-6 years of experience in operations for a commercial general contractor
- Experience in estimating and preconstruction for a commercial general contractor
Thorough knowledge of building construction, materials, systems, market conditions and trade practices are essential. Must possess the ability to conceptualize and be able to work with minimal information. Excellent oral and written communication skills, excellent computer skills, familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite programs and knowledge of Primavera/Microsoft Project are required.
- Preparing estimates during bidding and construction
- Performing value engineering and comparative and alternative studies
- Conducting quantity take-offs and studies for all items incorporated in a project and anticipating details necessary to complete a project
- Preparing preliminary estimates and studies during preconstruction and monitoring design development cost trends in order to detect overruns and potential problem areas
- Developing, updating and maintaining unit cost figures
- Interfacing with project owners and internal project teams, providing timely and accurate reports
- Interfacing with subcontractors and suppliers and evaluating proposals
- Supporting Business Development in proposal presentations
SIGAL offers excellent growth potential, top salaries and a full range of benefits. SIGAL’s main office is conveniently located near Metro and VRE.
How to Apply:
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
NO PHONE CALLS
NO RECRUITERS/HEAD HUNTERS
Project Development Manager
District of Columbia Housing Authority
The District of Columbia Housing Authority (DCHA) is a large public housing authority that owns and manages over 8,000 public housing units, as well as mixed-income developments, in the District of Columbia. DCHA also manages a substantial Housing Choice Voucher Program (formerly Section 8) of over 12,000 units. DCHA’s mission is to provide quality affordable housing to extremely low- through moderate-income households, foster sustainable communities, and cultivate opportunities for residents to improve their lives. DCHA is an independent Authority, governed by an 11-member Board of Commissioners. The Executive Director is Adrianne Todman, appointed by the Board of Commissioners to carry out executive and administrative oversight on a day-to-day basis.
The Project Development Manager will serve as DCHA’s day-to-day representative on the redevelopment of DCHA’s current headquarters at 1133 North Capitol Street, NE as a mixed-use development. In August 2013, DCHA issued a Request for Qualifications to identify a potential Development Partner for the site. Through a competitive evaluation process, DCHA identified 5 respondents to the RFQ as eligible to receive a Request for Proposals (RFP), with Draft Development Agreement, and submit proposals to redevelop the site. DCHA is currently evaluating responses to the RFP.
Reporting to DCHA’s Director of Capital Programs, the Project Development Manager will act as DCHA’s principal project manager on the redevelopment project, which may include some or all of the following major components:
- Redevelopment of the headquarters site as a mixed use project of up to 1 million square feet FAR, including a new DCHA headquarters, a mixed-income residential component, and other commercial and retail uses;
- Identification and procurement (including development or rehabilitation if necessary) of the necessary facility for DCHA departments that serve DCHA clients directly, which are currently located at the headquarters site; and
- Relocation of some or all DCHA staff into temporary office space during the redevelopment of the headquarters site.
The Project Development Manager will represent DCHA on all aspects of the of the redevelopment project described above, including due diligence, feasibility, programming, design, entitlements, financing, construction, marketing, sales and/or leasing oversight, completion & opening, warranty, and closeout.
Duties and Responsibilities::
- Work with the DCHA Director of Capital Programs and development partner(s) to create a project Business Plan for the redevelopment.
- Manage the Due Diligence process on behalf of DCHA.
- Represent DCHA in design/coordination meetings during pre-development
- Represent DCHA in operations/marketing meetings during construction/delivery period; ensure follow-up with appropriate parties as needed with issues that arise.
- Coordinate with the selected development partner(s) the procurement of easements, entitlements, off site agreements and permits.
- Coordinate with the selected development partner(s) with the project financing process as requested with applications for project debt and equity.
- Work with selected development partner(s) on closing project specific institutional equity transactions.
- Manage the selection and performance of Project design and construction of DCHA-owned space.
- Coordinate with selected development partner(s) to manage regular periodic Project performance reviews including market positioning.
- Ensure Project performance is in compliance with the approved DCHA Business Plan.
- Ensure compliance with DCHA goals with respect to program needs, affordable housing requirements, and Section 3 resident training and small business development.
- Represent DCHA as primary point of contact for District of Columbia agencies, neighborhood business groups, and other community stakeholders.
- Eight years minimum work experience in real estate development, preferably in the District of Columbia
- Project management experience on at least one complex redevelopment project, preferably in the District of Columbia.
- High degree of organizational skills and problem-solving ability; specifically the ability to work as self-starter especially as it relates to calling on outside resources.
- Respect for details and ability to execute them at a high level without excess supervision.
- Ability to prioritize/execute to achieve desired DCHA and project goals.
- Collaborative approach and respectful relationship style with development partners, public agencies, and community stakeholders
- Excellent telephone, communication and organizational skills, as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong relevant computer skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
- Experience with Section 3 and District of Columbia CBE and LSW/MBE requirements.
- Willingness and ability to work some evening and weekends, including participation in community meetings.
- Strong employment references and ability to pass a complete background check.
This is a contractor position with a defined initial employment period of two years, subject to a review of performance by DCHA at the end of the first year. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
HR&A Advisors is assisting on the recruitment process on behalf of DCHA. Please send cover letter and resume as a single PDF document (maximum of 2 pages) on the HR&A website at www.hraadvisors.com/application-form. Your file must be named in the following format “LAST NAME.FIRST NAME.DATE.” Applications are due by October 1, 2014. For more information, please visit www.hraadvisors.com or contact us at email@example.com.
Please do not call regarding this position.
Brief Description of Duties:
Do you desire to work for a well-established, creative and progressive company that values your future with regard to career development and professional advancement opportunities? SOLTESZ has a commitment to excellence that begins with employing talented, energetic and driven professionals, and we are currently accepting resumes for the position of Marketing Manager in our Corporate Office in Rockville, MD. SOLTESZ is a successful, long established civil engineering firm in the Washington DC metro area specializing in the areas of site engineering, landscape architecture, environmental science and surveying. We offer competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package including health and dental, 401k, and a family friendly work environment. SOLTESZ has been a ten-time recipient of the “Workplace Excellence Seal of Approval Award”, recognized by the Alliance for Workplace Excellence. Please submit resume with letter of interest and include salary expectations.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Organizes, coordinates, and controls activities involved in the preparation of marketing proposals, presentations and submittals.
- Develops, coordinates, and produces responses to RFQs/RFPs/interviews
- Gathers information about prospects and participates in proposal strategy in support of firm’s principals.
- Participates in the development of and is responsible for maintaining all marketing resource materials to include brochures, data, slides, color copies, photographs, files, and client database.
- Completes government forms, client questionnaires and qualifying statements as required.
- Monitors all prospects; performs daily lead and opportunity tracking.
- Maintains backup data on projects.
- Assures that resume file information is current, accurate, and appropriate.
- Responsible for group mailings; maintains mailing lists.
- Coordinates work with outside vendors and consultants.
- Prepares status reports on marketing efforts.
- Assists with conference/seminar presentations.
- Assists in writing press releases and other marketing/public relations materials.
- Develop concepts and assists in redesign and/or maintenance of company website.
- Attends tradeshows, pre-proposal meetings, and other events as needed.
- Cultivates strong working relationships with management and technical staff.
- Establishes continuing contacts with new prospects and acts as principal contact for selected clients.
- Work with CEO on Business Development.
- Minimum of 5 years’ marketing experience in the A/E/C industry preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or related field required
- CPSM designation a plus
- Solid Microsoft Office skills required
- Proven Adobe Creative Suite capabilities • Deltek Vision experience preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience in proposal writing, coordination, and production required.
- Experience with SF 330 and other government forms preferred
- Excellent time management and organizational skills; ability to multi-task
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills
How to Apply:
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org